Courses – all of the courses to be used for the SuperTour Finals/USSA Distance Nationals have been designed specifically for the USSA Distance National Championships using mostly existing trails in combination with a few short new sections that make it possible to improve the quality of the trail substantially. Trail data has been submitted to FIS for homologation.
- Skiathlon – we will use two different 3.75Km courses, one for the classic leg and one for the skate leg.
- Sprint – we have completely changed our sprint courses. The new sprint courses were laid out in conjunction with Kikkan Randall during January 2016, and completed this summer with a minimal amount of new construction and substantial upgrades (widening and smoothing) to existing trails. The women’s course is a bit under 1.5Km and the men’s course is a bit over 1.5Km. Both courses include a substantial climb to the halfway point (men approximately 27m, women 20m+) and a second 15m climb to the stadium that tops out 120m from the finish. The finish straight is 90m long and 13m wide.
- Relay – we are still deciding on the courses for the relay, but hope to use two different 2.5Km courses, one for classic and one for skate.
- 30Km/50Km – the 30Km will do the first lap on a 5Km course, then do 3 x 8.3Km laps on a course that includes the 5Km first lap in its entirety; the 50Km will do the first lap on a 5Km course, then do 6 x 7.5Km laps on a course that includes the 5Km first lap in its entirety. Both the 7.5Km and 8.3Km courses are newly-homologated. These two courses include mostly existing trails, but do include one short section of new construction, as well as most of the new sprint course.
Course Maps – click on the links below to see course maps and course profiles.
- 3.75Km Skiathlon Classic Profile
- 3.75Km Skiathlon Free Profile
- Skiathlon Stadium Area Diagram
- Skiathlon Detailed Stadium Diagram
Wednesday, March 29 – Sprint Free Technique
- Women’s 1.5Km Sprint Course Map
- Women’s Sprint Course Profile
- Men’s 1.6Km Sprint Course Map
- Men’s Sprint Course Profile
- Sprint Stadium Area Diagram
- 5Km – First Lap Course Map
- 5Km – First Lap Course Profile
- 8.3Km – laps 2 through 4 of women’s 30Km -Course Map
- 8.3Km – laps 2 through 4 of women’s 30Km – Course Profile
- 30Km Stadium Area Diagram
- 7.5Km – laps 2 through 6 of men’s 50Km – 7.5Km Course Map
- 7.5Km – laps 2 through 6 of men’s 50Km – 7.5Km Course Profile
- 50Km Stadium Area Diagram